You can find out much more about best practices for creating slides and screencasts by conducting a web search. Helpful tips can be found in both print and video.
You Ought to Know Presentation (15%)
- You will create an individual Google slides presentation in the CI Docs folder You Ought to Know slides.
- You will record an individual screencast presentation showing your Google slides presentation while you speak.
- Your slides and your speech should answer the question: “How well does your web page fulfill the Top Ten list in your web writing guide (log #7)?”
- Your video must be uploaded to You Tube, and you must post the URL address to “Screencast Presentation Links” in CIDocs>You Ought to Know.
- Your screencast presentation should be at least 4 minutes and no longer than 7 minutes and is directed towards your instructor.
Due week 15
Suggestions for slides
- You should use the web writing guide (log #7) you created to make your case. The grade you earn will in large part be based on how convincing you are in relating your web page examples to your Top 10 list.
- You should use images from your web page in your slide presentation. Take screenshots of sections of your web page that illustrate the points you want to make. Upload the images on to your slide by using the Insert drop-down menu.
- You should make sure that all text and images are readable.
- You may use animation, but it is not a requirement.
- You will be screencasting the slides, which means you will be speaking while viewers are looking at your slides. The content on the slide and the content you speak should not be the same. Do not read the slide to me. Consider and make decisions about what you will say and what you will show.
Suggestions for screencasting
- You may use any screencast recording software. Screencast-o-matic is free and relatively easy to use, as is Jing. Mac users also have QuickTime built in to their devices, which allows you to record your computer screen.
- You should try to use a microphone for better sound quality. Even microphones on ear buds are an improvement over your computer’s microphone.
- You want to record your screencast in a quiet place.
- Your personal gmail account is the same user name and password for your You Tube account.
- You want to write out a script or detailed outline of what you want to say before recording the screencast. Doing so saves time and makes for a smoother presentation with less “ohhs” and “humms”.
- Your screencast presentation should show and discuss specific examples from your web page to support your claims about how you tailored the document to address the criteria laid out in your Top 10 list.