1. Thinking About Reading and Writing Introduction due
The introduction is a section which begins by stating the aims for the report (provide information on your topic and make recommendations to your readers). Next, the introduction narrates any background knowledge associated with the report, (information about where you located sources, and general thoughts about the sources as a collection). Third, the introduction describes and defends the analysis methods applied to sources (the criteria you have developed to analyze the sources and a defense of that criteria).
600 – 750 words.
Where to post your introduction:
Post on the document above the bibliography. Place a page break between the bibliography and the introduction.
2. Log #11: Audience and writing
- Read this article about audience.
- Google the phrase audience and writing. You will retrieve a number of online articles.
- Choose at least 2 articles to read and write about. You should have a minimum of 3 articles about audience to work with.
- For the two articles you selected, begin your log by listing the name of the article’s writer(s), the name of the article, and by providing a link to the article (you may paste the URL or create a hypertext).
- Write a two-page (minimum), double-spaced personal essay where you discuss your experiences in addressing audience(s) in your writing and the different types of audiences you have written for thus far in your schooling. In your essay, refer to the article the professor provided and the online articles that you selected.
- Use standard essay formatting, such as paragraphing, capitalization of “I,” complete sentences, and correct spelling.
- Tie the essay together with a main idea (thesis, a point, whatever you want to call it) which may require you to write and revise the essay.
3. You Ought to Know slide presentation
This week you should begin your work on your slide presentation if you want to complete this project in a timely manner. This implies that the web page is completed, and you are now returning to Log #7 to begin building the slide show, which will be turned into a screencast. Following next week, I will be available to review your work if you like.