1. Final essay discussion
- Brain Basics
- Questions, concerns remaining about the final essay
2. Preview log #14 readings
- Major headings
3. Meet peer review group members
What do you expect from your peer reviewers?
1. Log #14: What I’ve learned about rhetoric from the class readings
- Read “Backpacks vs. Briefcases” and “Rhetorical Analysis in the Real World”
- Write a 1 1/2 – 2 page, double-spaced essay describing what you’ve taken away from the readings with regard to rhetoric. You can also discuss the effectiveness of learning from reading.
- Discuss and cite from both articles (“Backpacks v. Briefcases” and “Rhetorical Analysis in the Real World”) in your log.
- Look for opportunities to synthesize the 2 articles. Find concepts that they share and synthesize them together in a paragraph; likewise, find instances where they may differ or one expands on another’s thinking and synthesize them together in a paragraph.
To help you get to know others and their writing, we will have new peer review groups for logs. These log peer review groups will be stay the same the remainder of the semester..
3. Read your peers’ Log #12 in CIDocs and leave comments for each of the peers in your group:
- Does your peer’s response indicate a basic understanding of how purpose, audience, persona, and argument play a role in the project?
- Is there anything that your peer has missed or left out when discussing the project?
- What do you think about the everyday texts your peer has put forth to discuss? Do they seem to fit the assignment? Are some more effective than others? Which one(s) appeal to you most?