1. Peer Review: Read your peers’ Log #13 in CIDocs and leave comments.
- Go to the log folder and click on your peers’ logs. Everyone in the class has access to everyone’s documents.
- Leave comments for all your peers by using what is called the 2 stars and one wish approach. Stars are positive – leave 2 positive comments; a wish is an improvement you would like to see – leave 1 improvement comment.
2. Log #14: Reflect on midterm scores
Write a two-page (minimum), double-spaced essay where you analyze your midterm essay using the 6 individual criteria found in the Writing Criteria. Some suggestions for writing this essay:
- Focus on the essay and what is on the page, rather than the work/effort you put into writing the essay;
- Provide brief examples from your essay to make your points;
- Address all of the criteria, but you need not be balanced in addressing the criteria. Spend more time on criteria that you think influenced your score.
- Consider ways you could have improved your essay’s score, but you need not mention or discuss your score directly.
3. Log #15: Explore the following issues related to your final essay in a two-page (minimum), double-spaced essay:
- What I knew about rhetoric before reading the class material?
- What I have experienced thus far as I read the readings? What was your experience in trying to comprehend and understand the theory?
Discuss and cite from both articles (“Backpacks v. Briefcases” and “Rhetorical Analysis in the Real World”) in your log