1. Log #10: Final Essay reading and Analysis
- What is the purpose of the Final Essay project from the professor’s point of view? What is the purpose of the project from your point of view?
- Who is the audience for the project? Is there more than one audience for this project? Identify and describe them. In what ways are these audiences familiar and unfamiliar to you?
- How should you present yourself in the project? Describe the persona that you should adopt when writing the project.
- What will be the argument for this project?
- Identify and define directive verbs used in the assignment.
- What qualifies as an effective outside source for this project? Where might you locate these outside sources? What purpose(s) will outside sources serve?
- What ideas do you have about selecting an everyday text to use in this assignment? Identify 3 and write a sentence or two about each and why you might choose it.
- What formatting and style guidelines are required for the project?
Please put a page break (see Google Doc Insert drop down menu) between log entries.
2. Log #11 “Backpacks vs. Briefcases” reading and analysis
- What is the purpose of the article?
- Who is the audience for this article?
- How would you describe the persona the writer uses for the article? How do you think the persona is helpful to the writer’s purpose and argument?
- What is the argument of the article?
- Relating it to your writing assignment, how might you use this article for the assignment?
- As this is one of your sources, which quotes do you think your might use from the article? Select at least 5 potential quotes.
Note: This is the final log before I grade it for the midterm. If any of your work was late or incomplete, I encourage you to finish it now, prior to this week’s deadline. You will still be penalized but completing any missing work will improve your grade.