1. Peer Review Practice discussion
- Read this essay: Think about purpose, audience, persona, and argument and how each are presented. Write your impressions on how effective you think the writer is rhetorically.
- Consider how you might score this essay using the Writing Criteria. Write how you might score the essay and list reasons why.
- Think about the structure and organization of the essay and how you might use a similar strategy for your final essay. Describe what that might look like using material from your logs.
1. Peer Review: Read your peers’ Log #16 in CIDocs and leave comments.
- Go to the log folder and click on your peer’s log. Everyone in the class has access to everyone’s documents.
- Leave comments by using what is called the 2 stars and one wish approach. Stars are positive – leave 2 positive comments; a wish is an improvement you would like to see – leave 1 improvement comment.
2. Log #18: Draft a 1 to 1 1/2 page, double-spaced response to the following:
What I know about rhetoric now and how I might use it in the future?
3. Begin work on the Final Essay due next week
Where to post your essay:
- Log on to MyCI and go to CIDocs
- Click on the Shared with Me folder on the left side of the screen.
- Find the English 105 folder I shared with you and open it.
- Find the folder labeled Final Essay and open it.
- Click on the new button then scroll down and click on Google Docs to create a new doc.
- Click on “Create and Share” when the pop up “Create in a Shared Folder?” comes up. Everyone in the class has access to everyone’s documents. Often, classmates will read and comment on other classmates’ draft entries.
- Name the doc using your first name (e.g. Clifton’s Midterm).